ABOUT THE FORUM & Reunion
"Placemaking In The City & Neighborhood of Tomorrow"
The UM/ULI Real Estate Forum began as a reunion of Professor Peter Allen's students, Michigan real estate alumni, and industry professionals. After 30 years of the Forum, the Michigan Real Estate Club Board wanted to refocus the event to focus on connecting alumni from across the country with the over 200 members of the Club, as well as with other Alumni. Through the exchange of knowledge, experience, and best practices in development and responsible land use, highlighting investment and development opportunities and engaging local, regional and national real estate practitioners and leaders, RE-Con provides an annual opportunity for collaboration, innovation and influence.
RECRUIT THE FUTURE "LEADERS AND BEST" AT MICHIGAN
More Michigan students than ever before are pursuing careers in real estate. In fact, Michigan's Real Estate Club had over two hundred student members last year alone. Come meet these students and get blown away by their enthusiasm and eagerness to learn from industry veterans through internships or full-time positions. With your guidance, they may become the next "You” someday.
COMPANIES WHO HAVE RECENTLY RECRUITED REAL ESTATE STUDENTS FROM MICHIGAN:
past SPEAKERS AT the FORUM:
- Sam Zell, Equity Residential
- Al Taubman, The Taubman Company
- John Tishman, Tishman Realty and Construction Company
- J. Ira Harris, Harris Associates and The Pritzker Organization
- Jonathan Holtzman, Village Green Associates
- Al Ratner, Forest City Ratner Companies
- Petter Linneman, Linneman Associates
- John Norquist, Former Mayor of Milwaukee